Okta is a cloud-based platform to help secure your identity and your information with Single Sign-On Multi-Factor Authentication. At Coastal Pines Technical College, we use Okta's Single Sign-On to access college applications securely, everything from Banner to Blackboard to Office 365.
You can log on to Okta on the homepage of the CPTC website by clicking on MyCPTC.
Then click on Okta Login.
Each time you log on for a session, you will see this screen. Use the first part of your CPTC email as your user name and use the same password you would use to sign into a CPTC computer. You may be required to verify your identity via text message or email if you are logging on to a new device.
After you log in to Okta, you will be directed to the Okta Landing Page. This is essentially a one-stop shop to access everything you need to be successful at CPTC. After logging on, simply click the icon of the page you would like to be directed to.
|I forgot my password
Get your password reset by:
- Visiting a CPTC library in person (please have a photo ID ready)
- Contacting a member of Student Affairs
|I have reset my password, but Okta still won't let me in
- Make sure each time you are finished with anything in Okta (Blackboard, Office 365, etc) that you have fully logged out. Closing only the window means you might still be logged in.
- Avoid autofill for passwords. It could disrupt your sign-on process by using old or wrong passwords
|I can see my Okta dashboard but I can't access anything or Blackboard is giving me an error message
- Clear your cache on your computer
- Use "incognito" mode on your browser
-Try a different browser (Okta supports Chrome, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge)