Skip to main content
How do I get a library card?
Your CPTC ID card is your library card. You must show your ID and complete a Library Registration Form to check out materials.
How many items can I check out?
You may check out 5 books at one time and 3 videos and/or DVDs at one time.
How long can I keep my library materials?
Books may be checked out for 2 weeks at a time. DVDs and videos may be checked out for three days.
How do I renew materials?
Items may be renewed by visiting the library, calling the library, or emailing the library. Overdue items must be renewed in person.
How many times can I renew my books?
Books may be renewed twice unless there is a hold placed on the book.
How do I search for a book at CPTC?
Use the CPTC Online Library Catalog to search the entire CPTC collection, or specify a campus.
Who can borrow CPTC library materials?
- Currently enrolled CPTC students
- Currently enrolled CPTC dual enrollment, joint enrollment, MOWR, and ACCEL students
- Currently enrolled CPTC Adult Education Program students
- Currently employed CPTC staff and faculty (including part-time staff and adjunct faculty);
- Retired staff and faculty of Coastal Pines Technical College, Altamaha Technical College, and Okefenokee Technical College
- CPTC Board members and people designated by the President as being eligible for library privileges
- CPTC Program Advisory Committee members
- Students, faculty and staff of College of Coastal Georgia, South Georgia State College or any unit of the Technical College System of Georgia who qualify for privileges as specified in the applicable borrowing agreements.
Live Chat with a Librarian
How do I get books that are not at CPTC?
Submit an Interlibrary Loan Request Form for books from other schools. A library staff member will assist you.
How do I find eBooks?
Find eBooks in the CPTC Online Library Catalog, as well as in GALILEO under E in Databases A-Z. Ask a librarian for help.
Can magazines be checked out?
Yes, library users may check out archived magazines or periodicals. However, current issues may not be checked out. Ask a librarian for help.